UWL Progressives

The Progressives bring together progressive thinking individuals to encourage democracy, ecological wisdom, social justice, non-violence, global awareness, post patriarchal values, respect for diversity and personal as well as social responsibility. The group focuses on actions to promote and raise awareness of these issues.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Information + Energy = Activism

I mentioned this during today's meeting- Over on the right side of this page there are some links. One of them says "POAC News". It stands for "Project for the OLD American Century" (in contrast to the PNAC, the 'neo-cons', such as Dick Cheney and Paul Wolfowitz, responsible for the idea of invading Iraq) and it's a News Aggregator (an aggregator being something that gathers relevant content in one place for easy viewing); every day there are new headlines.

More than anything else, this website is what keeps me informed. I want to be obsolete. Please, take 5-10 minutes every day to skim the headlines for anything interesting (sometimes the story isn't any deeper than the headline, sometimes it is). You can get them sent to your e-mail by signing up for the "Daily Email Newsletter" on the left side (I haven't noticed spam).

A day is 1,440 minutes long. See, when I put it that way, 5 of them doesn't seem like much.

Kevin

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger tonightweride said...

Hey, I just stumbled upon this blog looking for info about LaX's old "green bike" or new "blue bike" program. My name is Jonathan and I'm a student at WSU and coincidentally I used to know Bjorn my freshman year. Please have some one get in contact with me at jprobert1732@winona.edu as there are a lot of projects, policies, and initiatives that I'm interested in that your group seems to be working on too! awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home